Quality means doing it right, when no one is watching you. It is everyone’s responsibility. Quality in product & service is not what we put into it, it’s what our customer gets out of it.
We, at Nakoda Products, take utmost and sincere effort to ensure the quality & performance requirement. With our quality control and robust designs, we have been successful in keeping the number of product recalls and repairs drops drastically – resulting in major savings and a better market reputation.
We truly understand that performance, durability and reliability are prime focus of every business. Our products have been designed to meet the client’s expectation in energy field and cost is only one small factor in this play.
We have attained the best quality certification and quality check on our process and end products so that consistency in performance can be met every time a Nakoda Product is put to test.
All our Products are in strict accordance from raw material procurement, product manufacturing, environmental concerns to the safety standards of our valued employees.
Our entire transformers product range are planned and built in accordance to these specifications and industrial standards. Starting from concept design to delivery of finished goods, key focus is put on meeting business standards. For more details on products specific quality assurance, scroll bottom.
We have been certified with ISO 9001:2008, IS0 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007, best highlighting our capabilities. Lets take a look what these are and how they add to our products profile’s quality.
Our ISO 9001:2008 quality management system helps us to continually monitor and manage quality across all operations, and outlines ways to achieve, as well as benchmark, consistent performance and service. Internationally, it is the quality system of choice. It signifies our achievements and helps us to gain.
- Position of more consistent competitor in marketplace.
- Better quality management helps to meet customer needs.
- More efficient ways of working will save time, money & resources.
- Improved operational performance will cut errors & increase profits.
- Motivate & engage staff with more efficient internal processes.
- Win more high value customers with better customer service.
- Broaden business opportunities by demonstrating compliance .
Added to it we have got ISO 14001:2015 is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type & nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products and services that the organization determines it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective. Key advantage associated with this are:
- Better environmental management reduces waste & energy use
- Improve efficiency to cut the cost of running your business
- Demonstrate compliance to expand your business opportunities
- Meet legal obligations to win greater stakeholder and customer trust
- Prepare for the changing business landscape confidently.
OHSAS 18001:2007 is our Occupation Health & Safety Assessment Series for health & safety management systems. It is intended to help us control occupational health and safety risks by.
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management.
- Ensures health and well-being of employees, sub-contractors and the public.
- Minimization of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather than reactive controls.
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance.
- Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing and elimination workplace hazards.
- Improves the incident investigation process.
- Increases employee motivation through the provision of a safer workplace and participation process.
Quality Attribute Related to our products:
Every stage of transformer manufacturing undergoes a process defined control to meeting the performance & quality. From raw material to finished product, the quality control engineers at Nakoda pays every possible detail as applicable.
Quality check of Raw materials
For confirming the specifications and performance of an electrical transformer, raw materials are passed through numbers of testing procedures.
- Electrical Steel: balanced on parameters of hysterysis loss, eddy current loss and anomalous loss.
- Transformer Oil: tested on flash point, viscosity, specific resistance, dielectric strength and moisture content.
- Pressboard: cellulose based insulator having dielectric strength greater than one.
- Magnetic Wire: fully annealed, electrolytically refined copper or aluminum, coated with thin insulating layer.
Quality check of Final Products
We test our products against design specifications and robustness. Following list of Quality check is performed on the transformers to ensure performance benchmark.
- Measurement of voltage ratio and check of voltage vector relationship
- Measurement of winding resistance
- Applied high voltage tests
- Induced over-potential tests
- Measurement of no-load loss and magnetizing currents
- Measurement of impedance voltage (principal tapping), short-circuit impedance and load loss
Measurement of insulation resistance (also called the Megger test)
Nakoda Product’s Distribution Box are designed to have maximum utilization of transformer capacity and are very well equipped with adequate protection to transformer and feeder against overload and short circuit and minimum interruption in power supply. Our products are manufactured as per IS: 2086/1993 parameters, using high quality galvanized materials of up to .8- 2.0mm of thickness, Brass fittings and Porcelain fuses, as and where needed to keep it rustproof and hence durable in long run. Precisely designed knock-outs and customized mounting studs makes them suitable to different client’s needs.
We offer highly durable box with withdraw-able and fixed versions. Each box is provided the time current characteristic curves so as to ensure proper coordination with LT protection system.
Routine Test to be carried out on all L.T. Distribution Boxes Completely Including Porcelain Fuse Units or composite fuse. Few of the critical one’s are as
- Test to prove satisfactory operation of Porcelain Fuse Units and Composite Stud unit.
- Visual examination and dimensions for all boxes including that of components and accessories provided, for workmanship etc.
- Insulation resistance test (Megger)
- Dielectric test on each box including Switch Dis-connector.
All the routine tests shall be as per IS.13947(P.1,2&3)/1993 with latest amendment/revision if any. All Distribution boxes are provided with general layout drawing of the box fitted with all accessories, keeping in view this specification & relevant IS nos. mentioned herein this specification. Detail of clearance, details of cables, bus bar details, Porcelain Fuse Units etc., with certified copies of type test certificates along with attested copies of all drawings, copy of guaranteed technical particulars along with the offer without which offer is liable to be rejected.
Our wide range of Steel structure items are the main connectors of electrical infrastructure. We are constantly working to maintain high standard of this domain and client’s will find our professional and quality compatibility up-to the mark. We, at Nakoda Products, pushes infrastructure related products through below listed tests as per IS specifications.
Material Quality Check: We have dedicated team of procurement engineers to test raw materials composition, grade, tensile and compression parameters as applicable under lab specified conditions.
Dimension Check: Our quality engineers ensure the correct measurement of steel member, anchor bolt hole, stiffener, clids, clamps, cross arms, GI pipes etc. according to the standard drawing and industrial demand.
Welding Visual Inspection: An AWS visual inspector ensure the welding preparation and quality before, during and after welding as per AWS guideline. The welded products are examined thoroughly for surface Crack, blowhole, undercut, welding mismatch, burn through, corner melt, end melt, incomplete fusion, incomplete penetration, roughness, under-size filler weld, proper welding method, arc strikes, fabrication scars, spatter etc.
Coating Thickness & Roughness Inspection: Proper grade of coating, thickness and how many layer need to confirm the structural longevity. To establish the effect of environmental corositivity, the following factor must be taken into account:
- Humidity & temperature (service temperature the temperature gradients)
- Chemical Exposure (e.g. specific exposure in industrial plant)
- Mechanical damage (impact, abrasion etc.)
ISO 12944 standard is referred for the corrosion classification against atmospheric condition, soil and water.
Solar PV System
Adhering to Quality certification and standards for grid-connected or off- grid rooftop solar PV systems are essential for the successful mass-scale implementation. Our whole initiative is to add our contribution to the national plan of 40 GW of rooftop solar target under ‘National Solar Mission’ programme with this technology. So it’s imperative to put in place an efficient and rigorous monitoring mechanism, adherence to these standards.
Every module of our installed Solar PV module meets firmly the standards and rating. To be more specific, we have
Solar PV: Panels certified by IEC 61215/ IS 14286 for Crystalline Silicon Terrestrial Photo-voltaic (PV) and IEC 61646/ IS 16077 for Thin-Film Terrestrial Photo-voltaic (PV) applicable to different region of country. PV panels installed in high dust geographies like Rajasthan and Gujarat have the solar panels tested with relevant dust standards (Applicable standard is IEC 60068-2-68).
Inverters: Safety compliance with Protection degree IP 65 for outdoor mounting, and IP 54 for indoor mounting is followed. These inverters have been tested successfully to meet the energy efficiency against loading conditions. EMI & EMC factors are also taken into consideration as and when applicable.
Fuses: General safety requirements falling under IS/IEC 60947 for connectors, switches, circuit breakers are followed. The fuse has DIN rail mountable fuse holders and housed in thermoplastic IP 65 enclosures with transparent covers for easy access and visibility.
Surge arrestors: Low-voltage surge protective devices as rated by IEC standards.
For the DC cabling, XLPE or, XLPO insulated & sheathed, UV-stabilized single core flexible copper cables shall be used; Multi-core cables is not being used.
For the AC cabling, PVC or, XLPE insulated and PVC sheathed single or, multi-core flexible copper cables is used; Outdoor AC cables shall have a UV-stabilized outer sheath.,
Earthling, junction boxes, energy meters meets the IEC and BS standards as applicable.
Materials for structure mounting are against IS as applicable to meet performance & durability quotient. Cables & wires used for the interconnection of solar PV modules is provided with solar PV connectors (MC4) & couplers. The total voltage drop on the cable segments from the solar grid inverter to the building distribution board shall not exceed 2.0.