Grounding transformer is used to provide a ground path to either an ungrounded “Y” or a delta connected system & serves to
- limit the magnitude of transient over voltages when re-striking ground faults occur.
- provide relatively low impedance path to ground, thereby maintaining the system neutral at or near ground potential
- Provide a source of ground fault current during line to ground faults.
- Permit the connection of phase to neutral loads is desired.
- Manufactured under specification of IS:3151
- Current rating up to 2 MVA.
- High voltage up to 36 kV.
- Low voltage up to 0.69 kV.
- Classes E2, E3, C2, F1.
- Frequencies: 50 Hz, 60 Hz and 16 2/3 Hz.
- Cooling: ONAN/ONAF/AN / ANAN / ANAF.
- Insulation system temperature: F and H.
- Partial discharges
- Protection degree: IP00 – IP54.
- capable of withstanding a fault current at rated voltage and frequency through the neutral for a time duration of 30 seconds without using neutral grounding resistor and without exceeding the temperature.
- withstanding the mechanical and thermal stresses caused by the rated short time current flowing in the windings under fault conditions.
- Prime Bushings
- Secondary Bushings
- Silica Gel Breather
- Cable Terminations
- Oil Level Indicator
- Filling Device
- Thermometer pocket
- Marshalling Box
- Earthing Terminal
- Rating & Diagram Plate
- Lifting Lugs
- Drain Plug
- Buchholz Relay
- Inspection Cover
- HV / LV Cable Box
- Magnetic Oil Level Gauge
- Winding Temperature Indicator
- Off circuit Tap Switch
- Siphon Thermo filter
- Rollers (Uni-Directional / Bi-Directional)
- Drain Valve
- Conservator and Silica gel Breather
- Pressure Relief Device
- Off Circuit Tap changer / OLTC